Tuesday, July 29, 2008

It's Just a Tad Late this Week

It's Tuesday. Obviously, I missed last Wednesday, so here I am. I've been a little preoccupied writing papers and whatnot. I made a 100 on my GOVT paper. It was on Alexander Hamilton. I think he was a little bit of a dirty *^$@$*%, but he wasn't as bad as Thomas Jefferson. I know, I'm a terrible person for saying some not-so-nice things about our Founding Fathers. I just call 'em like I see 'em. I still haven't heard anything on my PSYCH paper. It was a human observation experiment.

And here's Alyssa just a little while ago. That's what happens when I'm lazy and it's just the 2 of us. Pretty bad. Check out that hair...and the sticker on her forehead!!! She was still in her sleeping clothes because that's just how I roll. She HAD to pose with her favorite ball. She's so silly. There's my laundry behind her. Well, just some towels anyway. The rest is folded and put away. I'm feeling a little lazy today.



Not much to tell in the last week...or 2. Just lots of school stuff. Oh, we got a kitty. She's still a little scared. I don't think any of us have been able to pet her. Supposedly she was terrorized by a dog that chased her into a barn and wouldn't let her out. She seems ok with Bevo, though. She got him on the nose the other day, it was freakin' hilarious. Apparently she was hiding under Alyssa's bed-where Bevo likes to sleep sometimes-and Bevo started to crawl under there unaware that the kitty was under there, too. Needless to say, hilarity ensued. I haven't laughed so hard since Dewey left. I think we all laughed pretty hard. Just so it's clear, Bevo's fine. I think it scared him more than anything. We haven't decided on a name for the cat yet. Kay wants to call her Penelope Pittstop (you know, after the old school cartoon character), and Lilly wants to call her Sally or Lucy. I wanted to call her Lennox.

When Mom and Philip dropped her off, Mom and I were talking about names. Her name (the cat, not Mom's) was Bourbon, but I think that's just a bit trashy for my kids (or any kids, for that matter) to be running around yelling "Bourbon!" Call me crazy. So I said maybe I'd call her orphan. Mom suggested maybe Annie after Little Orphan Annie. That got me thinking about all the Annie's I'd ever come across. The first one I thought of was Annie Lennox from the Eurythmics. But Dana said that was gay. But the kitty's still too scared for us to really see her personality. I think I give pets the coolest names ever. Anyone from Texas knows where Bevo came from. And we have a fish named Omega Supreme. Any fan of Transformers knows about that one.

Michele's (one of my best friends, met her in Savannah) daughter turned 8 yesterday, so Lilly and Kay had a sleepover. Alyssa has been an angel since it was just the 2 of us. She totally digs the one-on-one time. We had a slumber party last night. We watched "Max & Ruby" in my room. If you haven't ever seen this show, I think it might be worse than "Cailou" on PBS. At least, it's just as bad. (I think Cailou has 2 mommies, even though he calls one dad. Both of his parents have the same hair cut and his mom is perpetually pregnant.) But she loves Max & Ruby, so I relented. I fell asleep watching it until the cat jumped up on the dryer and dumped her food. Silly cat. Bevo cleaned it up for her.

Well, it's almost lunchtime and I have a kid to bathe, feed and dress. She got to have a "picnic" in the living room this morning while she ate her Cocoa Puffs and watched "The Backyardagins." Those are so gross. I'll check back in one of these days.

Oh, here's our kitty. I found her under Alyssa's bed, of course.




1 comment:

Veronica said...

Hey did you get my email about making a link list on your sidebar? I like Annie for the cat. Yippy skippy, we will be there in one week exactly!!!!