Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Politics & American Idol

I've been watching the news here and there lately when I get that itch (which is pretty constant these days). I know, I know-Clem told me not to, but I just can't help myself sometimes. I feel so stupid and completely ignorant if I don't know what's going on. After I mowed the yard this morning, I came inside to cool off and....I watched Fox News-the only one I'll watch. Of course, since the DNC's going on, that's pretty much all anyone's covering. Needless to say I could do without that coverage, but at least I know what the enemy's plotting, at least what they SAY they're plotting. So I was sitting there watching it and someone was out on the street briefly interviewing people about who they're voting for-if they're even aware of the upcoming election in 69 days-and why. They're mostly young, maybe in their 20's-and I can say that now that I'm not in MY 20's anymore. All I heard spewing from their mouths was petty, ignorant and, most of all, uninformed BS. "I like Obama because he's just so confidant." (Because THAT'S what makes a good president) "I like Obama because I think he really cares about this country." (Nevermind the ridiculous taxes he'll impose or the fact that he won't render honors the flag) "I'm voting for Obama because he has really good stage presence"(No joke, that's what that stupid girl said) "Blah, blah, blah................................." It sounds like they're voting on "American Idol" and not for the next president. Is that what this nation's coming to? Does ANYONE care about something besides the next stupid reality show that'll be on or what they're wearing to prom? Am I just retarded for caring about what's going on in D.C. instead of from what 3rd world country Pretty Boy and Hemorrhoid Lips are adopting their next kid(s)? Am I stupid for caring about what's going on socially in this country instead wasting my time saving the whales or adopting more "green" ways of living? (By the way, "global warming's" a joke and I'll argue that to my death. I think Al Gore and the big auto manufacturers are conspiring together, and Gore's making a HUGE profit. But that's just the tip of the iceberg for me.) Why can't all these people take a more active interest in for whom they vote? And why doesn't Obama-siah allow anyone to talk about his big ears or his wife or his WHITE mother or his middle name or his voting record or anything else that's the least bit questionable and/or relevant? Why is everything racist if it's something he doesn't want to talk about? How in the hell are his ears a racial issue? I've seen PLENTY of white people with ginormous ears......RON HOWARD!! I don't care what color your skin is, just be a decent person.

I'm not a big John McCain fan, but since he isn't Obama I'll defend him till the end AND I'm going to vote for him. When did Obama EVER serve in the military? Dewey said one day in a political debate, before the primaries, that the Commander in Chief of all the Armed Forces should be required to have some military experience. I agree to a point. I don't think it should be required, but I think that between the Prez and the VP one of them should have some experience. That just makes good sense. And I like Cindy McCain, she's an all right lady. Johnny-boy isn't conservative, but at least he kinda-sorta pretends-even if his nose is squarely up Teddy K's rear end. He's certainly more conservative than Obama-siah and his nasty wife.

OBAMA WON'T EVEN HONOR THE FLAG! THE FLAG OF THE COUNTRY HE WANTS TO RUN!!! HOW CAN ANYONE VOTE FOR SOMEONE LIKE HIM??!!! And Michelle-can we say Marxist? (HA HA HA!!! Marxist Michelle! Michelle the Marxist!! I love consonance!) There's no place for that in this country, the Marxism not my use of the alphabet-just to be clear. I can't even begin to go into that right now, but let's take this little nugget, example of Marxism or not. Just a sample of her character, I guess. She said that for the first time in 22 years (or however many) she's really proud of her country. Ok, that's like saying "I've been married for 20 years, and I just discovered that I love my wife." REALLY??!!!!!! Are you freakin' kidding me?! You've lived in this country your whole life and enjoyed the benefits of Affirmative Action so you could go to Yale or Harvard or whatever it was, and you're JUST NOW proud of your country? Are you just plain stupid?! Or are you selfish? I think both and some other really terrible things. There's no taking a comment like that back or saying that it was taken out of context. You meant what you said, every word of it.

And I get so sick of hearing all these people complaining about the economy and the excessive spending by the pres. NEWSFLASH!!!! The DEMOCRATIC-MAJORITY CONGRESS approves any spending by the president!!!!!!!!!! He can't spend a penny without their consent. So if anyone wants to blame Bush for spending so freakin' much money-START BY BLAMING CONGRESS! Blame your precious Nancy Pelosi. Blame Joe Biden. Blame Teddy Kennedy. Blame Hillary. Blame your messiah, Barack HUSSEIN Obama and his big, stupid ears. While you're at it, blame CONGRESS for sending our troops to ANYWHERE in the world, not just Iraq or Afghanistan. I don't think I heard anyone complaining about Bush's stimulus package back in May. I was more than happy to get that money, and I'll freely admit it. It was awesome. You can also blame CONGRESS for our gas prices. We could drill in Anwar, but CONGRESS isn't letting us. The poor little animals might be displaced and inconvenienced a little. BOO FREAKIN' HOO!! The poor little animals will adapt. They might actually appreciate the warmth of the pipes running through that frozen wasteland. At least, that's what CONGRESS will have us believe their reasoning is. Maybe something more ridiculous like it'll cause cancer will be next. We could be drill off the coast. But the libs want to maintain their ties to the Middle East. That's pretty much what it boils down to. If you don't like what CONGRESS is doing.....DON'T VOTE FOR THOSE PEOPLE THAT KEEP GETTING RE-ELECTED!! If you HAVE voted for any of the aforementioned people, DON'T COMPLAIN, about the economy or the cost of gas or the war or anything else that CONGRESS votes on. Keep in mind my husband's in Iraq for the 2nd time. I want him home more than anything, but I know that if they were to be pulled out right this second it would be monumentally disastrous. So I'd rather have him there for a while longer to keep anything potentially devastating from coming over here to hurt my kids or anyone else I love. And I'm not saying don't blame Bush for anything, that he's totally innocent. I'm not in love with everything this administration has done, but he has only so much power. It's called checks and balances. But he IS better than Gore and Kerry and any other jackass that's against him. Let's not even get me started on Edwards and his recently come-to-light indiscretion.

Before the stimulus checks hit, I heard this one guy on the radio-admittedly a filthy, dirty hippie-talking about it. He was "explaining" what it'll do to our taxes (and what will Obama do, dummy??) and how it won't stimulate the economy at all. He said people will put some new floors in their houses, the economy won't really be stimulated. Let's look at that. I go to the flooring store off of 190. I pay the guy and that money goes toward his business. Now he has an additional $1500-that he wouldn't have had otherwise. Now he can go buy some new supplies to help run his company. That money goes to another company that wouldn't have otherwise had it either, and so on and so on. HHHHMMMMM......I think that's like a chain reaction or something. I'm pretty sure that's stimulation. And I'm fairly certain that's the intention of the stimulus package. That's the typical mentality these days, and it's sad.

Here's something else that eludes me-Hurricane Katrina. Check it out: the city of New Orleans knew looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong before the threat of Katrina that their levees were in bad shape. And did anyone do anything about it? Nope. That's the city's responsibility to maintain them, not the Federal Government's. So, Mayor Ray Nagin, maybe you should've done something about the levees beforehand instead of blaming everyone else when they broke! Besides that, they had a week's notice. If they couldn't afford a bus ticket out of town-GUESS WHAT! They've got feet! The only ones I felt bad for were the ones that couldn't physically do anything. Let's say I was stuck in NO when Katrina came up. If I had absolutely no other way out of there , I'd be stealing me a Wal-Mart basket and loading my kids up and walking. Jump on I-55 and go north. Walk 10 miles a day (give or take) and I could be plenty far away so my kids would be safe. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! They get put up in Texas and bitch and moan about everything. They stole from each other or anyone else they could. They behaved like animals. My dad says it's the mentality of living in that area and never getting out, from one generation to the next. It's learned. I agree that the mentality is learned, but I disagree that they don't know any better. They're aware of laws regardless. And I'm so sick of STILL hearing about it. I'm not saying no one in that city did what they could, it was just the vast majority that sat back and let it happen. We didn't hear about the ones that actually helped themselves. Instead we saw dumb@%$ Sean Penn with a camera and a little boat go in there. That's good, Mr. Penn. Why didn't anyone else think of going in there with a camera? Because obviously that solved everything. Where was all the complaining and blaming when Iowa and where ever else were slammed with the tornados? Who ran to help them? What retarded celebrity brought his camera crew to help those people pick up the pieces? Who did the people in those states blame? That's right, that's right. They were decent about it. My aunt took some of the Iowa victims in and I'm sure she took excellent care of them.

Well, this one certainly didn't turn into "Love Letter Wednesday." It was more like "Hate-Filled Wednesday." I just had to complain. I'm so tired of stupid people that don't think. Politics is one thing that I can go on about for days. Even if my opinions are way off, at least I'm making an effort to inform myself, which is way more than some people, like the ones that take the general election as lightly as they do "American Idol."

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Nope, what I love the most is when people say they like Obama because his wife has good fashion sense. No joke. I could slap people.

jess... said...

This is Jason.... and on behalf of all white men with big ears I'm offended!!
And could you email me McCain's toll free voting number? Just the last four numbers.. I got the rest... also, how long are the voting lines open? November right?