Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Republican Creed

I am a Republican Because.....

I believe the strength of our nation lies with the individual and that each person's dignity, freedom, ability and responsibility must be honored.

I believe in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, sex, age or disability.

I believe free enterprise and encouraging individual initiative have brought this nation opportunity, economic growth and prosperity.

I believe government must practice fiscal responsibility and allow indviduals to keep more of the money they earn.

I believe the proper role of government is to provide for the people only those critical functions that cannot be performed by individuals or private organizations and that the best government is that which governs least.

I believe the most effective, responsible and responsive government is government closest to the people.

I believe Americans must retain the principles that have made us strong while developing new and innovative ideas to meet the changes of changing times.


SUCK ON THAT, LIBERALS!! (Ok, so I added that part. But it really should be in there.)

4 comments:

Linds said...

Hey chica! Thanks for your comment, I just wanted to comment on your blog. I have to be honest, I'm a little bit anxious for obama to get into office so that people (y'know, the ones who voted who know absolutely nothing about politics) can see that the president doesn't have as much authority or say-so in a lot of matters and that he can't really do everything that you want. yah, it really sucks, but it matt's words, "give the baby her bottle". have a great day!

ps- your kiddos are adorable!

OccupyThis said...

Evelyn! What's goin on? Sign me up for Attorney General! I too also agree 100% with your post and am more motivated than ever to get more involved. After law school, Melanie (my wife, not sister, haha) and I would love to make our way back to the Lone Star State! Good to hear from you and let's cross our fingers for the country.

Melanie said...

Ev, what is your email address? I want to send you an invitation and let you be a contributor to the new political blog we have set up. I'd love to have you post some of your thoughts and insights! I have a well-meaning (but not well educated) liberal bro-in-law who tries hard to convince me why being a conservative is so wrong and evil. He says some really naive things that are fun to pick apart. So send me your address so we can get you going! By the way, not to be arrogant, but to give you a feel for some of my background since the goold ole Bear Creek days, I have bachelor degrees from USU in economics and political science, interned on Capitol Hill this Spring for Senator Bob Bennett (R-UT) and am now in my first semester of law school at West Virginia University. By contrast, my bro-in-law is 22, is a junior at USU studying biology and hasn't taken a government class since high school - just to give you a heads up when he says some silly things :) Anyway, sorry for the novel, but send me your email address and I'll hook you up!

OccupyThis said...

Sorry, "Melanie" did not leave that last comment, Devin did :)