Sunday, August 17, 2008

Right AFTER Finals.....

Again, it's not Wednesday. It's been a busy week, but I think I've done rather well. I crammed for 4 straight days and finished finals on Thursday. I walked away from Psych with a 74 and an 89 in Govt. AN 80-FREAKIN'-NINE!!

I checked my grades the morning before I took the finals and I had a 90.25 in Govt. Slightly above where I had been, but still a perfectly wonderful surprise. My final was 50 questions worth 6 points each. I pulled an 86, dropping my grade to an 89. I'm a McCorkle. Government and politics is our thing! And all I could do was a B?! That's crap! So I called Mom and told her the bad news. Maybe I'm harder on myself than anyone else could ever be, but Mom was so happy. I was still pretty unhappy about it...to say the very least. I was so close to that A, and I was furious that I was only getting a stupid B. I talked to Clem when I got home a complained to him. He said he only got a C in govt, so my B was pretty awesome. I agreed and said that it made me feel a little better..........................like A LOT better. I NEVER do better than Dewey at anything. EVER. That still makes me smile when I think about it. He's Mr. Wonderful and excels at everything he ever does.

Psych was completely different. I had the worst time with that course. I did everything I could think of to do well in that retarded course, and I only pulled off a C. I guess it's better than a D or an F. My instructor's tests were so freakin' hard. The class average on everything was either a high D or a moderate C, with the exception of the paper and that was a B-which I got. Even her open-book tests only averaged C's. (One of them averaged a D!) I was more than happy to get out of there with only a C, even though I could've done much better. The good news is I NEVER have to take that crappy course ever again. So much of it was, I think, entirely made up by a 5 year old. And the book focused WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much on that sick #*^@%^$ , Freud. I don't know about any other parents out there, but I NEVER witnessed my children fascinated with their behinds. EVER!!! But, according to Freud, that's one of the stages ALL children go through. Maybe mine are just weird, but I never saw any indication of such a phase. Nasty, nasty man. He makes my skin crawl. Gross. I think I need to take a shower now. I feel so violated just thinking about him. One good thing that's come from this course is my decision NOT to major in psychology. I'm sticking with my original plan and pursuing nursing.

Enough about school, there's PLENTY more of that to come. Veronica and her kids came down Thursday afternoon. Poor Ethan. I think he was disappointed because all of his cousins were girls. I WOULD say that Bevo made up some of the Testosterone difference, but he's gay and is fixed. So Bevo didn't really help. In fact, Hailey was the only one of the Andrew kids that really like Bevo. So much so he was pretty irritated with her. But he's such a good boy he took it and never even growled at her. That's why he's my best friend, besides Clem, of course.

Yesterday we hit up Schlitterbahn. We got there late, which really bothered me because I'm not late. I'm on time and completely ready. I'm not always bright-eyed and bushy tailed. I don't think I'm EVER that happy or awake, but I'm fairly reliable. Mom was waiting for us at the front with our wrist bands and everything else was already waiting. So Veronica and I dropped the kids off and found some baby boats for the kiddos. Then the fun began.....until about 5:00. Mom, Veronica and I took all 6 kids over to the huge kiddie area where it started sprinkling. After a while of that, the thunder and lightning started and everyone stayed in the water. Strange. But we got the kids out and headed back to our tables. By that point it was pouring, and that isn't even really the right word for it. It was more like sheets of rain. Everything was soaked but we managed to get out of there by about 6:30. I didn't even get home until about 10. I didn't even get the pictures I wanted. I got a few, though, so I'll take what I can get. The girls fell asleep on the way home, so they were a joy once we actually got inside and they started getting ready for bed. There was some crying about Alyssa and a toothbrush. I'm still not quite sure about it. But we got home and everyone eventually settled down and went to sleep just to get up early and go to church this morning.

It felt pretty good getting this portion of school done, but it doesn't feel so good knowing that I'm about to start it all over again in a couple weeks. I'm already feeling the pressure. But the kids start school a week from tomorrow (ALL 3 OF THEM!!!) so maybe it won't be as bad this semester. I'm still doing it online because of Alyssa. I think I'm going to be up at the school quite a bit dealing with her. She's going through this phase right now where she won't keep her clothes on. She's naked a lot. So I'm waiting for a call from the school going something like this.."Mrs. Clemons, uh, we need you to come up to the school as soon as possible. We're having some trouble with Alyssa. She went to the bathroom and came out without her clothes on, so now we're having some issues getting them back on her. If you could help coax them back on her as our methods have proven completely ineffective.........Thanks." Yeah , that sounds about like her. I don't know what would make the school think I could do any better than they could in something like that. I guess it's because I have no problem MAKING her do something. But whatever. It's getting late and I have to be up in the morning for Alyssa's physical. That's fun. Catch yous guys next week.


No comments: