Thursday, August 7, 2008

Right Before Finals....

Well, I missed "Love Letter Day" again. What's new, right? I'm trying to be very diligent in keeping up with this, but I still seem to be slacking. I guess I'm keeping Clem up to date fairly well, it just seems like there's more I could be doing.

Let's see....finals start on Monday. Am I even remotely ready? Of course not. I just started on my GOVT review yesterday. I should really be doing that right now because I have 3 chapters for PSYCH that I still haven't read, much less outlined. I'm not nearly as concerned about GOVT as I am PSYCH. My GOVT instructor's awesome. He's pulled 25 or 30 questions from each of the 7 chapters this test covers for the review, and he's putting 50 of the questions directly on the test! HOW COOL IS THAT??!! I'm almost finished with this review. This last chapter's about Texas' voting system, who runs what, how often, etc, etc. So I remembered I needed to change my address on my voter registration, but I didn't want to go up the courthouse and wait. So I printed out the form online and I'm mailing it in. I love the internet.

I'll be so glad when PSYCH's done. I think I really hate that class. I made a 72 on my last OPEN BOOK TEST yesterday or the day before. How sad is THAT?! It's OPEN FREAKIN' BOOK!!! My instructor's tests are so hard. I still haven't figured out what my problem is. I did pretty well on the 2 leading up to this one. So I have a 75 in there right now. I figured I can make a 40 on the final and still pull a 71 out of the class. I'll take it. Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely NOT going to make a 40. But at least I know where I stand. That's all I'm saying, Mom.

I'm also still trying to get Alyssa enrolled in school. All I need is her shot record. Here's the problem-I thought I had it, like I had Lilly and Kaylan's, but I don't. I guess I either forgot that I didn't have it or forgot to request a copy from her old pediatrician. Or both. So now I'm scrambling to get a copy. I went to the hospital on post several weeks ago to request everything from Fort Eustis (in VA). MacDonald (the hospital on Ft. Eustis) was supposed to fax a copy of the shot record to Darnall (hospital on Ft. Hood). I went over there on Monday thinking surely they had it and just didn't call. How wrong I was. 3 weeks later and MacDonald STILL hadn't even faxed it. IT'S A FAX! How hard is it to find her records and pull out the shot record and put it in the fax machine and punch in the number and let it do its thing?? Seriously. Dewey or I are the ONLY people in the world that can even go pick it up. No one else. So Darnall sent them yet another request and now I'm waiting. Still. Yeah, it's my fault because I didn't keep up with it. However, I tracked down the guy in Release of Information at MacDonald so I could fight with him. It's Thursday now. I've called him everyday since Monday and it always goes to voicemail. What do I do now? I've left him a message everytime I've called, spoken slowly and clearly. I've left my numbers and everything else his outgoing message asks. I've heard nothing. I guess I could go sit at Darnall and wait for it to come through. But what do I do with my kids? It's a tiny office and it smells funny and my kids are loud. I'm stuck. School starts on the 25th and Alyssa has a physical on the 18th. They can't even do that without her shot record. I completely forgot that their new pediatrician didn't have it on file either. I'm just screwed. Maybe I'll figure it out. Maybe.

No comments: